Friday, September 25, 2009

Week 8 Review

Well, we are 8 weeks into the school year and things are going relatively well. We are only off by a few days from my semester schedule. So, I should feel pretty good about our progress. But, as soon as we start to fall behind, I start feeling rattled. Hum... Maybe it's time to change things up a bit.

Just as there is no such thing as a perfect homeschool curriculum, I know that homeschooling isn't ever going to be perfect. There is no "normal" day. However, I can tell things are starting to slip - just a little (hence the stress). The initial fun factor of a new school year has worn off. Sometimes, we don't get to every lesson scheduled because the boys are dragging along. Or, the boys don't do their best, so I reassign the same lesson the next day (insert groans and complaints).

It doesn't help that we have had rainy weather for two weeks straight. The boys are literally climbing the walls. Next week the weather is supposed to beautiful. Yeah, can't wait for that!

Next week will also be the end of our first 9 weeks. So now I'm brainstorming for some ideas to liven thing up a bit. After all, learning is supposed to be fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment